Thank you to our Co-Producer patron Chris Marlton for selecting this week's topic!
This 1997 Australian alternative rock record was a massive success in its home country, but is something we (the hosts) were totally unfamiliar with. We look at how music subjectively builds identity for some "young people" to understand why Unit is so important to adults looking back on their outsider adolescence.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Polyester genius: reflecting on the boundary-pushing perfection of Regurgitator’s 1997 classic, Unit
- MUSIC REVIEW | Regurgitator – Unit (1997)
- ! (The Song Formerly Known As) by Regurgitator – towering electronic fuzz
- Jade Lazarevic. (2012, September 8). The way we were. Newcastle Herald, The (Includes the Central Coast Herald), p. 12.
- ELIZABETH LORD. (2012). Regurgitator relive retro. Mercury, The (Hobart), 6.
- Regurgitator has always pleased itself — and fans are happy to tag along Andrew M c Millen. (2018, August 2). Band of outsiders. Australian, The, p. 15.
- Regurgitator crowd still partying like it's 1999 By: Craig Platt, Age, The (Melbourne), 03126307, Aug 13, 2018
- Brain uploading, warts and elaborate subterfuge: a chat with Quan Yeomans of Regurgitator